Two calves aged eight weeks are presented that are both down and extremely weak.
They are depressed and lying in pools of foul-smelling brown diarrhea with a small amount of blood.
One other calf died suddenly the night before with no signs at all.
They are found to be dehydrated, with rectal temperatures of 105.2 and 105.6 F (40.7 40.9 C)..[N=101.5-103.5F, N=37.8-39.7 C], respectively.
Based on the condition at the top of the differential diagnosis list, what is the treatment plan?
- Immunize well and sick calves and adult cattle with MLV vaccine, antibiotics for sick calvesB
- NSAIDS, antibiotics in feed and waterC
- IV fluids, NSAIDS, fequent milk feeding, antibiotics if septicD
- Cull sick calves, disinfect feeding areas, prophylactic antibiotics and NSAIDs for well animalsE
- Isolate sick calves, immunize, antibiotics, cull those that do not respond to treatment